Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is a non-invasive, painless specialized oxygen therapy. It is used around the world for medical, wellness and sports related issues and conditions, to help the body to repair, recover and rejuvenate.
Oxygen is an element that is vital to every cell in your body.
Oxygen is essential for energy production, the fight against infection and is fundamental to growth, regeneration and healing.
Increasing the body’s absorption of oxygen can:
• Repair tissue damage
• Prevent premature aging
• Increase blood flow
• Promote healing
• Offset dementia
• Understanding how Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy works
• At normal air pressure, our oxygen carrying cells (red blood cells) are saturated and therefore cannot carry any more oxygen that may be introduced into our bodies.
• During Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, the body is gently placed under pressure, creating an environment where oxygen can dissolve directly into the blood, tissue, and other bodily fluids, thereby increasing oxygen levels in the cells allowing for enhanced energy availability over time.
• Think of it like an ‘oxygen supplement’…
• The extra oxygen reacts with glucose in the body to produce ATP (adenosine triphosphate), the principal molecule for storing and transferring energy in cells.
• This stored energy can then be used for future reactions, giving the body extra capacity to fight disease, accelerate the healing of injuries, and improve overall health and vitality.
• More Oxygen, More Energy…
• The chamber is used to provide an increase in the amount of oxygen that passes into your body from your lungs every time you breathe.
• The extra oxygen makes more energy available in the body, giving the body extra capacity to fight disease, accelerate the healing of injuries, and improve overall health and vitality.
• The increase in pressure from your Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) will increase the oxygen levels in your body and, in turn, increase the available energy in your body to support the brain, heart, and liver. High oxygen availability can also improve immune function and response.
• It is a simple, relaxing, non-invasive and painless therapy.